Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Flying the Friendly Skies: security-approved beauty


I don't know about you, but I was devestated when I found out that the TSA was confiscating makeup and other toiletries in your carry-on luggage. I mean, if there is anytime that you need moisturizer or makeup or toothpaste it's when you are flying on a freakin' overnight to Paris! And sure, maybe celebrities can pull off sporting sunglasses in an airport but us mere mortals can't. Plus, I think that would make you look more than a wee bit suspicious than wielding a mascara tube.

I have an upcoming flight or two before the end of the year and I found myself fretting over the fact that everything I need to disguise my dry, air-ravaged plane face will be buried deep below in the cargohold. I kept hearing the horror stories about ladies spending hundreds of dollars at Duty Free stores on perfume only to have it all dumped out. I heard about friends whose favourite lipsticks were swiped out of their hands. It seemed that nothing was sacred.

That was until I came across the following bit of news: according to the TSA's latest flight plan, you are allowed to bring aboard travel sized items liquid and gel beauty products (3 oz or less) but they must fit and be housed in a 7.5" by 8" clear, zip-top plastic bag (think Ziploc).


So, keep your eyes peeled for travel friendly versions of your favourite makeup and pampering products and you won't have to worry about getting off the plane looking like a overwrought prune.

3 said they wanna go too:

Blogger Loudlush wanderlusted...

Ziploc will become the new black. As someone who obsessively applies hand cream, lip balm and face spritz during flights I'm waiting for the new travel friendly packs to be produced. I figure that if there is money to be made by from womens' vanity (hey, I'll be the first to put my hand up) the cosmetic houses will be working with airline security to come up with the goods. Fingers crossed.

3:50 PM  
Blogger tjayswift wanderlusted...

PS- from someone who travels a LOT- if the bag does not ZIP, it will not fly. Literally. So do think that your regular non-zip sandwich bag will do, cause it won't.

Does anyone else smell kickbacks?

3:34 PM  
Blogger tjayswift wanderlusted...

I mean't "don't" instead of "do." Stupid brain/finger interaction...

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home