Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Travel Book : a must for avid and aspiring wanderers


As soon as this book hit the shelves last year, I knew I had to get it. Thankfully, I found it under my Xmas tree (I had shown my Mum the book, so it wasn't exactly a surprise). At the time, we were vacationing in Palm Springs (look for my next post), so I spent the next few weeks after Xmas just pouring through every heavy page in this book. I read through every country, occassionaly crying out at the overwhelming possibilities of the world, and marching up to my Mother and announcing, "This year I am going to go to Eritrea....Yemen...Cape Verde, etc."

The book now sits on my coffee table and is frequently picked up by those who visit me. They too flip through a few pages before exclaiming, "Oh, I want to go there" or "There's a country called Sao Tome & Principe?"

Best part of the book, besides its continuous urge to see the world within its front and back covers, is that every country gets equal treatment. Doesn't matter if it's Luxembourg or the USA, they both get two pages with aspiring photographs and a few key narrative descriptions.

Brought to you by the good people at Lonely Planet, The Travel Book: a journey through every country in the world, can be purchased at any fine bookstore, such as Amazon or Chapters.

2 said they wanna go too:

Blogger thetiniestspark wanderlusted...

ooh, i want, i want!!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

I have this book as well and absolutely love it!! I am inspired by all the beautiful places in our world!! Definitely a must buy!!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home