Monday, May 11, 2009

When in Paris...

This is a re-post of an old entry because I've heard of a lot of people/bloggers going to Paris this year and I wanted to share my favourite place. I've stayed twice, again after I did this post (for New Years Eve).


The Hotel Montebello is a charming, small hotel located in the 7th arrondissement, close to the Metro stops Vaneau (ligne 13) and Duroc (ligne 10 et 13). Considering how clean and high-class the neighbourhood is, and how the Eiffel Tower is only a 10-15 minute walk away, this hotel is amazingly priced, friendly and well-kept.

Unlike most boutique (and somewhat affordable) hotels in Paris, the Hotel Montebello's clean rooms come with a full bath, so there is no more sneaking down the cold hallways at night in order to use the loo, or waiting for other travelers to finish up with the shower.

When I stayed there last year, I had a wonderful single for 6 days and only paid around 30 Euros a night (doubles are 40-50 Euros a night). Sure, it was small but the bathroom had a roomy bathtub and was done up in beautiful, dark marble.

Best of all was the view. It didn't amount to much more than looking down at a small street (and across at the neighbouring apartments) but it provided me with a steady influx of typical Parisians living their lives. I even had the privilage of being all warm and cozy in my room while a sudden summer thunderstorm wreaked havoc on the people below me. Though you may have to tilt your head to view it properly, some of it was caught on personal video (though it doesn't do Mother Nature any justice, as it was the most violent thunderstorm I've come across).

Hotel Montebello. 18, rue Pierre Leroux - 75007 Paris. Tel. 01 47 34 41 18 - Fax 01 47 34 46 71. Email: hmontebello@aol.com. Be sure to email at least two weeks in advance as a place this stylishly budget-friendly can be very popular.












The only photo I have of my room (ignore the sweaty girl in the picture).

6 said they wanna go too:

Blogger simon wanderlusted...

I stay in Montparnasse ( Rue cel) off Ave Du Maine.

Paris is my favorite city... thanks for the info

1:56 PM  
Blogger M wanderlusted...

this blog is a great idea!

Paris is absolutely breathtaking. Over new years? I'm jealous!

5:24 PM  
Blogger JC wanderlusted...

Enjoy your trip! I spent a week near Sacre Coeur in a similar looking hotel. Friendly staff, nice rooms (smaller, but never a problem for a budget traveler), and well priced.

It's a great feeling to find a place like this...finding these little secrets can be one of the more rewarding parts of traveling.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

This picture is going up on my wall. You're HOT!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Hanh, Life-in-Travel wanderlusted...

Paris is beautiful city. Thank you for sharing. I'm going there the end of this month.
Hanh,
www.life-in-travel.blogspot.com

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Sato Travel wanderlusted...

u are tight the Hotel Montebello's clean rooms come with a full bath.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home