Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bargain Hotel in Rome

All right, so it's not really that much of a bargain considering I spent around 60Euros (the 35 Euro a night place in Paris, now THAT was a bargain). But it still wasn't bad, for Rome in peak season.

In Rome, I stayed at the Hotel "Aenea Superior Inn" or something like that. It was a very non-descript hotel, especially since I walked past it a few times before figuring out what building it is. There is no sign saying HOTEL on the door or anything, just a buzzer number....

In fact, the hotel is shared with an apartment building and perhaps some offices. The first floor (really, the 2nd one) was where I was placed, a long corridor and several air conditioned rooms. The reception was the next floor up, through another locked door. The people who worked there were very friendly and there if you needed them, but required you to buzz them or call...and sometimes there was no one in the building at all.

Doesn't matter though, because I was shown to my very small but very lovely room. Best thing about it? Not the view of the church courtyard (beware of nuns)
or its modern bathroom

But the fact that the AIR CON was on full blast! Bliss! So nice since you fucking soak you shirt in Rome just by standing outside for a few minutes. Oh, and the bed, small and wee just for me, was comfy too...

The location of the hotel was brilliant too. Yes, the area near the Termini train station can be a bit dodgy, but you wouldn't know it from the hotel. Steps away from the famous St. Maria Maggiore church and close to Via Nazionale which has many great Italian shops, you can't go wrong. The Colluseum and the Roman Forums are scarily close, which I discovered by accident walking down the street one day. Turn a corner and BOOM you are in the middle of a THIS IS ROME postcard and you have no idea where to turn your camera.

All in all, the hotel is a great choice. It was so clean, the staff (mainly the wonderful David) was beyond friendly when it comes to telling you the best palces to go in Rome and the location can't be beat. The only problem I had was the price...fine for a night or two, but if on a budget, I might shop around. Oh and the fact that the hotel doesn't have a public phone or phones in your room. That said, I did end up staying there again on my way out of Rome, so I can definitley recommend it.

AENEA & NEW WING** Sup.Inn
Via Urbana, 156.
00184 -ROMA
==
Email: aenea_rome@yahoo.com
Fax #: +390648916434

Labels: , ,

8 said they wanna go too:

Blogger simon wanderlusted...

I have to say- just how good is it when the Hotel helps you in so many ways....when I cut my Spanish trip short I was SO relieved to be back at Moulin Vert Hotel Montparnnase...

SO much in fact I have booked again for Christmas new year.

( great post BTW)

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mummerina wanderlusted...

The room looks adorable and VERY italian!!!
You've insipried me to be able to travel on my own!!! (eventually lol)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel wanderlusted...

how cute is that hotel? it's definitely going in the old memory banks for next time i go!! thanks :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger MS wanderlusted...

Oh,I'm so glad I came across your blog! I love to travel and on a budget so this is perfect!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa wanderlusted...

Oh wow. I'll definitely have to ask you for travel tips if I go to Rome one day!

11:48 AM  
Blogger First Lady of MADE wanderlusted...

thank you for the tip! im totally thinking of going to rome next summer!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown wanderlusted...

Great blog!

plz visit us my blog......
http://www.ghostmatters.blogspot.com/
check out mine and let me know what you think!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown wanderlusted...

Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it,Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!
discount hotels

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home