Monday, November 20, 2006

Mexican food muy bueno

Or something like that since I do not speak Spanish.

I love Mexican food, and though the American/Canadian versions of the standard quesadilla or taco is quite tasty, nothing comes close to real Mexican food.

The other day I was treated to my favourite food, which is Tortilla Soup. A blend of tomato and chicken soup, topped with tortilla strips, avocados and sour cream, this soup is to die for and even worth having when you are sweating like a pig.


Everywhere you go in Mexico, the minute you sit down you are treated to free chips and salsa, even if you just order a beer. The ones you see here we paid for because it comes with guacamole, but just look at it. Fresh avocados, the salsa is unlike anything you will ever get at home, and the tortilla chips are thick, crunchy and deep-fried to high heaven. So bloody good.

Another great thing about being in a fishing village (or fishing Mecca) is that fresh seafood is abundant and if you look around, you may just be able to enjoy it at a great price. These prawns were cooked at our table, in a mixture of lime, tequila, wine and salt.

They came to 15 USD, which is amazing considering its location on the Marina and how freakin' good the meal tasted. I sure know how to pick 'em.

As do my parents, who when they joined me at my table, brought along two random Swedish/American guys. But hey, I'm not complaining. It's not like they offer Swedes on the menu.

2 said they wanna go too:

Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

my mouth is watering....

7:49 PM  
Blogger Dayngr wanderlusted...

Tough call deciding what is yummier... swedes or mexican food.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home