Monday, November 27, 2006

Libations del Mexico

Or something like that, considering I could say what I want in French but never in Spanish (sigh, I know Xavi would be mad considering he was my nummero uno instructor in Spain but, come on, I was there for two weeks teaching English)...and who knows how to say "Can you put these burgers in a bag for take-away" en Espanol? Well, probably you Mexicans but for us culturally and linguistically impared it was a funny case of charades.

Anyhoo, there are several things you can order at a bar in Mexico.

Numero Uno:
Ask for the "special shot." I bet it will require tequila, flames and a tropical fruit doused in cinnamon.


Numero Dos:
Ask for any kind of fruity, tropical, drink that you see and I guarantee that it will be of the gigantic kind (right now I am sucking back on a similarly sized Pink Panther which is a Chi-Chi with grenadine and strawberries (Sigh, there goes trying to look slim and sexy before I see the BF).


Numero Three: (shhh I don't know three in Spanish)

Ask for the local specialty (usually an aphrodisiac). Below, we are drinking looking at rattlesnake tequila which has apparent aphrodisiac properties. Then of course there is Damiana, a local liqour with baby-causing properties (which in my humble opinion is the opposite of an aphrodisiac) But, that withstounding, I have decided to ignore taking shots of it (hello, I am all alone without my wonderful boyfriend for two weeks, like I NEED something to get me in the mood, GRRRR). But what I think I will do (what I probably have done by tomorrow) is buy a litre of the said alcohol to bring back home with me ;)

3 said they wanna go too:

Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

omg - i love tequila - it is the only shot i can do...but no way would i be drinking one with a snake in it...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting wanderlusted...

Yeah, Rattlesnake Tequila has a real bite to it.

HA! I kill myself.

5:30 PM  
Blogger TC wanderlusted...

tres = 3 in español

¿Puedes poner las hamburguesas en una bolsa para llevar? Literal translation of "Can you put these burgers in a bag for take-away."

I officially miss Spain.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home