Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Door to Mexico



I think Mexican architecture is genius. The warming adobe, white-washed walls, vibrant blues, searing yellows, red-tiled roofs. The detail even goes into their doors, where a door is not just a portal with a doorknob but a work of art, melting with the essence of the house.









I strive to convey a sense of this south-western style in my own home with terracotta pots, blue margarita glasses and glistening sunflower picture frames but it never does the originality of the Mexican style any justice.

3 said they wanna go too:

Blogger simon wanderlusted...

Doors and gates are fantastic... there is a spiked gate on Ave du desire in Paris.
looks fantastic

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

I love mexican kind of decor!!!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown wanderlusted...

I love decor too. I hope to get back soon esp with brother in law there.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home