Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Maui - drinks and food

It's stinking hot and sunny here in Vancouver, and while I'm stuck inside at work, I've been spending my nights (and mornings) by my pool - use it while it lasts.

I'm also in a balmy, tropical frame of mind - and hungry (when am I not?), so I thought today would be appropriate for a rehash of the last trip I took to Maui...



Another self-proclaimed "Best Mai Tai on the Island." Seems every bar and restaurant claims this but from all the ones I sampled, they all taste like rummy, fruity goodness to me. Though it has inspired me to try and make my own self-proclaimed "Best Mai Tai" at home.



Macadamia Nut Chi-Chi. 'Nuff said.


Cheeseburger in Paradise? More like Portugeuse Chicken Burger in Paradise....mmmm, ground chicken, swiss cheese, Thousand Island Dressing.

Yummy scrummy Shaved Ice with alternating coconut and...blue...flavours



Angry Hog- Hawaiin pork sandwich with a side of...pasta salad?



The Wabo Rita and Bull Rita at Fred's Mexican Cafe



Desert sampler at the Five Palms - Lychee Cheesecake, Pineapple Creme Brule (with edible Orchid) and Caramelized Banana....bliss


Finally, Norman and I enjoy a Blue Hawaii at the airport bar. When in Rome...

11 said they wanna go too:

Blogger Mummerina wanderlusted...

the desert looks yummy =)
as do the cocktails =)

6:26 PM  
Blogger BecsLifeOnline wanderlusted...

Wow these pictures are stunning!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

Nice pictures. Looks yummy :P

~by Arabica Coffee Personnel

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

mouth watering foods and refreshments!! like these ladies' drinks!!

coffecollins

1:24 AM  
Blogger Haute World wanderlusted...

Beautiful pics! I was just a kid (around 3 years old) when I went to Hawaii so my memories of it are a little vague. Love all the food and cocktail pictures. The last one is adorable! :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) wanderlusted...

I am a "wanna be" wanderer hoping to one day continue my journey.

2:55 AM  
Blogger stylefrontier wanderlusted...

These pictures make me hungry and i really wanna go there ;)


xoxo,
littlemissfhenny

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Gena wanderlusted...

I'm headed to Maui in September. I am looking forward to finding all these yummy goodies you found.

I actually will be running a marathon there for LLS. Check out my website on my journey to health and hope for all those battling blood cancer. I'd really appreciate it if you could feature my blog and the LLS' mission on your other blog.

Cheers from Dallas

8:10 AM  
Blogger Damsels wanderlusted...

you are very gorgeous indeed !
We Were Damsels

10:25 AM  
Blogger Fashion Cappuccino wanderlusted...

I've never been to Maui although I live in Hawaii! Cheeseburger in Paradise is pretty bad but I'm glad you enjoy yourself in other local foods! xxoxxoxo

12:30 PM  
Blogger Sierra wanderlusted...

I've been to Cheeseburger in Paradise! I loved it. You'll have to check out my blog. I just did a posting on Maui. I miss it so much! Loved your pics and made me miss it all the more!
http://oceandreams4sierra.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-life-to-live.html

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home