Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Oregon Coast

Our journey from Newport to Seaside was only a small fraction of the coast (OK, almost half the coast), so you can imagine how many more wonders abound to the South.

I was lucky enough to drive from Newport DOWN in 2001, when a friend of mine and I decided to drive to San Francisco on Easter weekend. It was a great trip with fond memories and the Oregon Coast was certainly a highlight. I wish I had my old photo albums on me so I could dig out some photos and scan them, to show you The Sea Lion Caves near Florence, the tall, golden hills of sand at Oregon Dunes National Park and the perfect sun easing herself into the Pacific in the Cali/Oregon town of Brookings.

But for now, we'll have to make due with some of my favourite photos of my most recent trip. Enjoy!:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PS Still have my contest going on my other blog - check it out for easy prizes! Your choice: Anywhere But Here :)

15 said they wanna go too:

Blogger Karen wanderlusted...

I LOVE OREGON
i was planning on going down there this summer but not sure if i will still be able to, seaside is beautiful!!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Romeika wanderlusted...

Stunning place!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Holly wanderlusted...

wow those pictures are stunning!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

beautiful photos.

6:48 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile wanderlusted...

That is QUITE a coast.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sierra wanderlusted...

Hi, glad I found your blog! I have wanderlust, but I need to travel badly!!! I love to travel too, thanks for the inspiration to go wherever the heart takes you. Happy traveling!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Sierra wanderlusted...

By the way, OR is beautiful. Some of my fam lives there and I always enjoy checking out the sites.

12:47 AM  
Blogger withasianstereotypes wanderlusted...

This is beautiful, don't know if any of the cali beaches are even that beautiful/scenic. You look so lovely sitting there pretty baby.

KISS, China L.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Carolina Botelho wanderlusted...

this is so beautiful!!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Bradpetehoops wanderlusted...

Great ! Your so beautiful and also the places. Have a nice day.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Anna Pope wanderlusted...

The photos are too beautiful for words!

10:50 AM  
Blogger kathleen wanderlusted...

I grew up in Washington - about 90 min from Seaside... I love the Oregon Coast and I adore Newport!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Nicole Marie wanderlusted...

wow so pretty!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger erinleighheart wanderlusted...

so pretty...i really do want to go there.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Shenandoah bed and breakfast wanderlusted...

This is a very beautiful and a very graceful even so elegant destination. This place is so vast and having got all the possible amenities and facilities has been provided by their tourism department to all the potential travelers and they are getting much earning due to the arrivals of international travelers on this beautiful place. All the experience is great and fantastic and full of joy, cherish and excitement. The beaches are so evergreen and tremendous and are great sandy beaches which are looking an awesome.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home