I was recently tagged (I think) by Karina XOXO
(yes, I am mentioning her again...can't help it, I just love her name so much!) to do a five things about myself. Now it might have been for another Karina and I already did a five things, which you can read on my other blog here
, but I decided, hey, why not do a Travel-Oriented Five Random Things About Me
Voila, C'est Moi:
1. I've lived in Canada all my life but have never seen any of it aside from a "small portion" of my own province (BC). This is because A) I think BC is the best, the most beautiful etc, so why would I go elsewhere ?(aside from maybe Alberta) B) The rest of Canada is boring to me and C) the "small portion" consists of a 5 hour drive north and a 5 hour drive south...My province, and Canada, are big motherfuckers! Why travel for that long or far when I can go somewhere else, like California or Hawaii or Mexico, for the same amount of time? Besides, I'll always be Canadian...and the country will wait for me.
2. I took my first backpacking journey alone to Australia when I was 18 (the start of my wanderlust) but for the love of God I can't remember what my reasons were for doing it.
3. I was supposed to go see Milford Sound when I was in New Zealand but the bus never picked me up in the morning. I was gutted as it was my last chance and cried for awhile (it was 6 AM and I was tired). Instead, I went horse-back riding in nearby Glenorchy which was so beautiful it almost made up for it.
4. I got lost in the Frankfurt Airport when I was 8. Ok, I wasn't lost...I knew where I was but my parents did not. I was missing for several hours, during this time I was holed up in a toy store and happily playing with Playmobil toys. You can see where my independence stems from...
5. I've never flown first or business class. I think this is very sad indeed.
Labels: Five Things, Meme, travel, wanderlust