Thursday, June 04, 2009

Seaside, Oregon

Photobucket

Seaside is a small, relaxed beach town located a few miles north of the more touristy (but equally gorgeous) Cannon Beach, on the Northern Oregon Coast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our first night there was warm enough, but incredibly breezy and foggy. That didn't damper our spirits though, as our hotel room at the Shilo Inn (which is located directly on the promenade) was freakin' sweet (suite?). The perfect place to order room service, ingest heaps of cheap wine and stand on our beachside balcony, admiring the distant glow of campfires on the beach. Tres romantic, no?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jacket: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Jeans: Hudson; Sandals: Target; Tank top: Forever 21

The next day was absolutely gorgeous, prompting a photo session on the beach (please click link for more gorgeous pics), followed by a scrumptious lunch and then some relaxing on the sunny dunes before we had to head back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Moto Jacket: La Rok; Sandals: Chinese Laundry; Strapless tunic, sunglasses and bangles: Forever 21; Bag: Mango MNG

Our time in Seaside was incredibly short but we are already planning our return there. There were a lot of touristy crap, but on the whole it was a charming town with a nice promenade, boardwalk, cafes and stores. It kind of reminded me of a popular New Jersey oceanside town - except that I have never been to New Jersey so I don't exactly know what I am talking about ALTHOUGH I did read the Babysitter's Club, and remember when they would go with the Pikes to Sea City? Yeah, that's what it reminds me of LOL.

Anyway, the hotel was awesome and we will be back, but for those of you more on a budget, Seaside has a highly recommended backpackers/hostel that we also plan to spend a night in.

If you are heading to Oregon or the Pacific Northwest, I definitely think Seaside should be on your list :)

7 said they wanna go too:

Blogger Sierra wanderlusted...

Seaside looks beautiful! I definitely will have to check it out when I head to OR next. Oh, and love Forever 21 and your outfit is so cute!

3:24 PM  
Blogger amy wanderlusted...

Oh the babysitters club!!! I used to read that in school.. I loooooooooove the second photo with the star. It looks so magical!

and again, i admire your travel and ability to write and make me feel like i'm traveling through your words to places i've never been!


xxoxox

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wanderlusted...

Haha....love the BSC reference!
Seaside is one of my favorite towns.

7:41 PM  
Blogger MS wanderlusted...

Ha, I used to read Babysitters Club too!

Your travels along the pacific northwest really makes me want to do this. I ask my bf if he would be interested in driving up the coast to washington and he said yes. Yay! I would love to go all the way to canada though. How many days did you take to complete this vacay?

10:46 AM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin wanderlusted...

That tunic is adorable! And I'm really dying to visit Oregon!

12:07 PM  
Blogger FASHION CHALET wanderlusted...

you are adorable
great jeans!!! :)



x

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Moira Glenn wanderlusted...

Nice, nice photos! I really enjoyed reading your post and wanderings. Continue!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home